Integrated motion control
Motion Analyzer is an established Rockwell Automation software tool which is an integral part of the Allen-Bradley mechatronic solutions portfolio.
Mechatronics - the combination of mechanical, electrical and control engineering - is a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach to machine design that helps machine builders bring engineering processes closer together to achieve faster time to market, and lower design and development costs.
Motion Analyzer is designed to serve as the bridge that links 3D mechanical design in SolidWorks 3D CAD, to the generation of a control program in RSLogix5000. The collaboration between mechanical and control engineering facilitated by Motion Analyzer helps with the design and validation of new machine concepts without purchasing or installing real equipment - delivering greater flexibility and helping accelerate time to production.
Motion Analyzer uses sophisticated tools that help size and select an optimised motion system solution. The collaboration between SolidWorks and Motion Analyzer helps to quickly simulate a variety of gear ratios, inertias, and mechanical alternatives in order to choose a solution optimised for users' application needs - whether the goal is to minimise cost and energy consumption, or to retrofit existing systems with the smallest impact.
Create and simulate multi-segment cycle profiles to determine the best solution
• Design the Cycle Profile in Motion Analyzer and visualise in 3D SolidWorks for design reviews
• Validate that the profile will place your load correctly
• Ensure that system components do not collide
• Get a fast and accurate motor sizing without re-entering any mechanical design data
• Optimise your Cycle Profile to reduce machine vibration, motor load and power consumption
• Use Tuning Simulation to validate real-world performance of the machine operating with your Cycle Profile
• Export your Cycle Profile directly to RSLogix 5000 to catalyse start-up and commissioning
Improve your machine using optimisation tools and utilities
• Ratio Analysis helps you choose the correct gearbox
• System Efficiency Analysis helps you pinpoint where power produced by the motor is consumed - this information can be used to help improve machine efficiency by directing more power to moving the load
Verify your performance envelope and maximise long-term machine reliability
• System Tolerance Analysis gives you insight into your machine's ability to cope with change
• System Thermal Modeling will help verify your machine performance across an extended range of ambient air temperatures
• Supply Voltage Tolerance Analysis gives you peace of mind that your machine will function despite varying global supply voltages
• Lifetime Estimation will alert you of the opportunity to make design changes that will increase your machine robustness and help you develop a maintenance schedule to maximise uptime
• If you require application assistance or have Motion Analyser related questions, please call 1-440-646-5800 and select Motion Control Products then Servo Drive and Motor Products in the Allen-Bradley call tree.
This material is protected by Findlay Media copyright
See Terms and Conditions.
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies contact the