Get ahead with Snapsil - a new generation, low volatile, silicone adhesive.
UK based, Techsil have launched Momentive's Snapsil range: a new generation of environmentally friendly, one-component condensation cure silicones used in the assembly of electrical and electronic components and as a general adhesive sealant for metal, glass, and plastics.
Techsil introduce Momentive's new Snapsil range: a new generation of environmentally friendly, one-component condensation cure silicones used in the assembly of electrical and electronic components and as a general adhesive sealant for metal, glass, and plastics.
From 2007, all materials containing >0.5 wt.% butyltin must carry a toxic label. A consultant to the European Commission (EC) has recommended banning all organotin within 3 years and the latest communications from the EC indicate that butyltin may be banned in some applications such as consumer DIY products. Industrial materials are not affected as yet but in the words of Momentive's EUR regulatory team, "Organotins are an endangered dangerous species."
As a result of the movement towards more environmentally friendly materials, Momentive have developed the Snapsil range which, in addition to being tin-free, have better performance characteristics than existing grades. Techsil's Sales Director Chris Dilley comments, "I'm excited with this launch and delighted to work with Momentive who are ahead of the regulatory game by already developing a range of new tin-free products to meet the challenges we will face in the coming years as chemical regulations inevitably tighten further. Designers and engineers should take a serious look at these grades now for products that they will be manufacturing over the next few years."
Key features of the Snapsil range:
• Low volatility standard across all products
• Fast tack-free time (< 9 min)
• Faster cure than legacy grades
• Best in class at non-yellowing
• Resists stress cracking on polycarbonate, and other substrates
• Low hardness, good elongation
• Price competitive
• Does not require toxic labels
• Does not compromise Momentive's competitive edge for adhesion strength
• Range includes flowable liquid and non-flowable pastes
The four new grades are:
• TN3085 – a non-flowable paste, flame retardant adhesive, grey & white
• TN3005 – a non flowable paste adhesive, clear, white & black
• TN3305 – a high viscosity adhesive, clear, white & black
• TN3705 – a flowable adhesive / sealant, clear, white & black
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
This material is protected by Findlay Media copyright
See Terms and Conditions.
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies contact the