MCAD-Embedded Flow Analysis Offers Tangible Savings
A different breed of CFD codes with interfaces that look and operate like MCAD software are now available for use by design engineers and other team members. The new breed referred to as EFD, Engineering Fluid Dynamics, can significantly reduce your development time, increase product quality and profitability. But how?
EFD, Engineering Fluid Dynamics, is a different breed of CFD that is fully embedded in MCAD. EFD provides the ability to evaluate the performance of a large number of potential alternatives in the early stages of the design process. Early stage analysis makes it possible to improve the performance of the product and resolve design problems in very little time and at a low cost. EFD adopters have achieved significant results:
· VENTREX improved the flow rate of their new automotive valve by 15% while eliminating about 50 prototypes and reducing time to market by 4 months.
· Ingersoll Rand Energy Systems improved their plenum manufacturing process of the MT250 microturbine engine by evaluating 15 different alternatives quickly and without cutting any metal.
· Fico obtained an amazing 40x performance enhancement in their new laser cutting system in record time.
· Eclipse Combustion designed and optimised a large industrial air heater with burner in less than two months: two weeks for analysis and the rest on customer communications.
· Shaw Aero Devices saved at least $9000 and three months in prototyping costs by using EFD – they moved from the beginning of the project to the development of an acceptable software prototype in only one day.
· JAZO reduced their design cycle for four new weatherproof, outdoor transformer housings from 3 weeks to 1 day.
· Bronswerk Heat Transfer BV developed air-cooled coolers and fans that can potentially save 15% of the electricity they use. These savings could result in 20% savings in generation capacity in Holland alone over the course of 10 years.
Regardless of the complexity of the product, EFD users find they can create it faster, better and less expensively. See how you can design better products faster by watching a short technical demo at http://www.flomerics.com/products/engineeringfluiddynamics/demo.php
This material is protected by MA Business copyright
see Terms and Conditions.
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies contact the