Ultrapolymers’ philosophy is to work in partnership with designers, converters and OEMs from the inception of a project, providing a significant competitive advantage throughout. We offer guidance with a view to design for manufacture, effective material selection, improved part performance and process optimisation.
During the design phase, Ultrapolymers can offer guidance in topics such as:
- Common issues in component design
- Design features to avoid when using certain materials
- Trade-offs between aesthetics and mechanical performance
Subsequent material selection discussions will take into account:
- Commercial requirements
- Component requirements
- Additive requirements
- Key differentiators (e.g. weight reduction)
- Processing considerations
Once initial design and material selection have been confirmed, the next question is how to make part production more efficient. This can be achieved by:
- Reducing the number of components (i.e. part integration)
- Modifying fixings (e.g. replacing screws with clips)
- Reducing component wall thickness
Utilising tools such as Moldflow® analysis, Ultrapolymers can help you optimise component design and predict how the mould will fill. We can offer this service on a project basis allowing us to study:
- Fill analysis
- Gas entrapment
- Surface quality
- Warpage analysis
- and many more…..
Once good quality components have been produced, process optimisation becomes key. We are here to support you in achieving the perfect balance between cycle time and part consistency by:
- Improving repeatability
- Improving efficiency and reducing production time
- Minimising costs
Finally, Ultrapolymers’ partners with market-leading polymer manufacturers and carries extensive stocks at our centrally located UK and Ireland warehouses to efficiently and consistently fulfil your production needs.
For further information, contact us today and we will put forward the best solution for you.
UK: T +44 (1925) 750 320 email@example.com
Ireland: T +353 1 902 0310 firstname.lastname@example.org