PTC launches Mathcad Prime 3.0
PTC has introduced the latest version of its engineering calculation software, Mathcad Prime.
Available now in the UK from Adept Scientific, Mathcad Prime 3.0 offers improved calculation capabilities to allow more complex equations to be solved in a shorter time frame.
Specifically, the new release offers overall benefits to users in the areas of:
• Documentation enhancements - Introducing math in text, the ability to format math regions and ability to create new worksheets based on existing personal or company standardised templates which help support adherence to standards for calculations and documentation
• Custom functions - Capability to reuse existing algorithms already coded in C++, C, Fortran etc., to extend PTC Mathcad capabilities beyond what is provided out of the box
• Global definition operator - Ability to define constants and parameters that can be used anywhere in the worksheet, and to define parameters close to the end result
• Numeric enhancements -New faster matrix decomposition functions with support for pivoting and complex numbers
• Surface interpolation in contour plots - Users can now create a contour plot of a set of unordered 3D points leveraging a PTC Creo surface interpolation algorithm
• Usability improvements - Offers a number of improvements to frequently used functionality (such as pasting images to headers/footers and overtyping equations) that can translate into increased efficiency
This material is protected by MA Business copyright
see Terms and Conditions.
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies contact the