COMSOL News Special Edition Biomedical
The latest special edition of the COMSOL News magazine features case studies from engineers and scientists in the biomedical industry. Read about how simulation — and the use of simulation apps — enables design engineers, researchers, scientists and students to explore and analyse biomedical designs; gain a better understanding of the physics at play; and create better, innovative, more reliable and safer products, devices and methods.
Biomedical applications are often multiphysics in nature. This presents unique challenges, as devices and treatments need to be able to interact with the human body, living tissue and sensitive living cells — and medical device designs often utilise coupled physics effects. These designs are best simulated using multiphysics simulation.
- Hearing aids
- LVAD heart pump implants
- Simulation apps for pharmaceutical processes
- Cold storage devices for vaccine transport
- Microfluidic cell sorting for blood analysis
- Release mechanisms for drug-coated stents
- Optimisation of hematology analysis equipment
- MRI tracking for precise tumour treatment
- Noninvasive correction of ageing eyesight
- Wearable sensors for health monitoring
- Simulation apps in pharmaceutical education
- High-precision tissue ablation
To download a PDF copy of the magazine or read the digital version straight from your browser, visit: https://uk.comsol.com/c/c3v5
This material is protected by MA Business copyright
see Terms and Conditions.
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies contact the