Aesthetics also come into the equation, a front panel formed purely of glass looks smart and can be shaped, need a graphic on the bezel, no problem with our ability to print and it gives the display an edge over the standard black bezel templates. We also need to consider the environment where the display will be used. Does it need to be robust, are the conditions hazardous, is sunlight a problem. These days displays need to also have a strong body, be embedded with smart display features which can include virtual keyboards and swiping mechanisms.
So, what goes into a Display System?
RDS has a comprehensive range of embedded systems and boards, from single board computers, wide temperature SBCs and modules which come in many form factors including PICO-ITX, Mini-STX, Micro-ATX and ATX together with a full range of processors. Controller options are also available from chip only to dedicated boards capable of supporting most common operating systems. Utilising bespoke ARM based systems, we can include a range of add-on features including Wi-Fi, Ethernet, CanBus etc. Custom design of boards to any shape or size using selected components to meet specifications are all assembled and tested by us.
- Custom PCB’s of any size
- ARM based solutions
- Bespoke electronic design
- Custom BIOS work to ensure the longevity of operation
- Custom baseboard design for SOM-based CP solutions
- Custom power and cooling solutions
- PCB design and manufacture
Display system design can include touch panel integration adding an extra dimension to the usability of an HMI system or multi-touch capabilities of PCAP technology to simple rugged reliability of resistive 4,5 or 8 wire sensors.Smart cover glass options are available for screen sizes from 3.5 to 4.0 inches. Screen technologies can vary from standard TFT to high bright OLED or super strong and robust EL.
- Passive LCD custom glass provides a low-cost option.
- LED backlighting including NVG solutions, lower and high bright options
- Custom LED backlight driver boards – ideal for space limited applications
- Custom OLED modules
- Custom TFT substrates
- Custom touch panel designs, with or without switches
- Optically bonded touch and display assemblies reduce reflection in high ambient situations
- Intelligent display drivers
- Display over USB driver board
- Display cable solutions
- 3D printing
Our displays must meet the specifications of a range of applications and certifications. Whatever type of system is required RDS can work with you from prototype right through to manufacture and all relevant certifications.
- Project management
- Mechanical design, housing and mounting solutions
- Flow management for cooling
- Electronic hardware design
- Firmware and bespoke applications software
Need a custom display system then find out more go to www.review-displays.co.uk or call us on 01959 563345