Howdon shearpin torque limiters - shear simplicity for drive protection
Have you got a Torque Overload problem? Talk to Howdon and let us solve it for you. We have been involved in the design and manufacture of Torque Limiters for over thirty years and will have a solution for your problem.
Howdon's range of overload clutches are successfully employed worldwide protecting conveyor drives, sewage and process pumps, road tanker PTO drives, steel and paper mills, marine propulsion, to name a few.
WHY USE A WEDGEPIN?
- Wedge construction gives maximum rigidity with no backlash - ideal for indexing or reversing drives.
- Easy access - drive re-set in minutes with no special tools required.
- Clamping screws give positive axial location so the shear neck cannot be displaced from the correct position between flanges.
- Equal load sharing with multiple pins on high torque drive gives a very high capacity within compact dimensions.
- Shear necks are standardised and coded, giving safe, tamper proof repeatability and spares economy.
- 'Fail safe' under all conditions, the Wedgegard is not effected by changes in temperature or humidity. The ability to release is not dependent on mechanism lubrication.
Howdon have invested significantly in custom built static and dynamic test rigs to ensure that the Wedgepins break at their rated torques and within tolerance. This gives customers confidence in Howdon Wedgegard products. Different batches of the same grade material vary in tensile strength within the grade’s band. This means that if not tested each batch of Wedgepins could have wide variations in breaking/shear torque. Our engineers test both statically and dynamically to take into account the differing material tensile strength, determining the correct Wedgepin neck diameters required, this therefore ensures continuity of breaking torque between batches. We have full traceability of the materials used in each batch of Wedgepins to ensure this happens.
This commitment to testing, combined with using state of the art 3D CAD software and CNC manufacturing, ensures that our Wedgepins are made to the highest standards.
Our engineers have built a reputation on meeting the precise specification so, if the standard range does not suit, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Tel: +44(0)1453 750814
Fax: +44(0)1453 765320
This material is protected by MA Business copyright
see Terms and Conditions.
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies contact the