The Huck A4 (316) Stainless Steel Magna-Lok
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings has launched the Huck A4 (316) Stainless Steel Magna-Lok. This blind fastener retains all the features of the standard version of the Magna-Lok structural blind fastener; including a wide grip range to accommodate large variations in joint thickness, 360 internal locking technology enabling the pin to be mechanically locked to the sleeve, expansion during installation for excellent joint tightness and high-quality resistance to liquid penetration; the 316 A4 stainless steel Magna-Lok fastener also offers corrosion resistance beyond anything else in the Huck blind fastener range.
Referred to as ‘marine grade’ due to its preferred use in the construction of boats, ships, oil and gas rigs, and off-shore wind farm towers, 316 is an austenite stainless steel which contains 18 percent chromium and 12 percent nickel. Steel is considered stainless when its chromium content is at a minimum of 10.5 per cent. Therefore, a higher content will result in an enhanced corrosion resistance. Unreactive chromium III oxide can form on a component's surface, protecting the metal beneath from the environment. Nickel further increases the corrosion resistance of the resultant alloy.
Andrew Smith, engineering manager at Arconic, said: "A number of options were considered when developing the 316 before the decision to use Magna-Lok was made. It is a versatile product, popular with our customers, and already available in a well-established stainless steel range. We look forward to fulfilling their expectations with this new high-performance corrosion-resistant fastener."
- 316 Marine grade stainless steel - For excellent corrosion resistance
- Austenite stainless steel - 18% Chromium, 12% Nickel
- Wide grip range - Accommodates large variations in joint thickness
- Excellent gap closure capability
- Flush pinbreak - No catching on clothes, skin or goods. Quick and easy visual inspection
- Internal pin locking mechanism - Secure within the rivet body and protected from corrosion
- Outstanding hole filling on the blind side - Excellent joint tightness and resistance to water ingress
- Food industry
- Tank manufacturers
- Medical equipment
- Off shore equipment
- Chemical equipment
To find out more, please visit http://www.afsrhuck.net/en/Products/Fasteners/Blin...
Or contact email@example.com
This material is protected by MA Business copyright
see Terms and Conditions.
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies contact the