Springs are often the last design consideration in an assembly and commonly have to fit in restrictive spaces and need to provide critical operating characteristics. TFC's range of Smalley Wave Springs offer space saving solutions for your assembly.
Springs are often the last design consideration in an assembly and commonly have to fit in restrictive spaces and need to provide critical operating characteristics. TFC's range of Smalley Wave Springs offer space saving solutions for your assembly. Not allowed enough room in your application for a compression spring, or need to achieve more spring force within the same space? Smalley's Wave Spring Technology is the preferred solution for many engineers.
• Compact design reduces wave spring cavity by 50%
• Equal force and deflection as ordinary coil / compression springs
• Wave springs fit tight radial and axial spaces
• Edge-wound wave springs have a circumferential grain structure that provides exceptional strength and dimensional stability.
• Over 4,000 standard springs in carbon and stainless steel (¼" to 16", 6 mm to 400 mm)
• No Tooling Charges™ on special designs
• Exotic alloys available
• Free design assistance from our network of trained engineers
Smalley Wave Springs (Flat Wire Compression Springs) offer the unique advantage of space savings when used to replace coil springs. By reducing spring operating height, wave springs also produce a decrease in the spring cavity. With a smaller assembly size and less material used in the manufacturing process, a cost savings is realised.
Wave springs operate as load bearing devices in a number of varied applications. They can take up play and compensate for dimensional variations within all assemblies.
There's no compromise on quality with Smalley's unique No-Tooling manufacture process. Whether you are looking for prototypes, short-runs or high volumes, Smalley's process allows for special designs to be manufactured in a timely fashion. Since no special dies or forming tools are necessary for custom springs, prototypes can be designed and produced in days, not weeks.
Contact TFC's Engineering team now to discuss your application or request a catalogue.
Tel: +44(0)1435 866011