Martin Leahy, maxon’s Sales Engineer for Ireland, will be discussing how DC drive technologies are utilised in the fourth agricultural revolution, including the IP65 protection rating, and sharing customer case studies. Maxon is involved in indoor and vertical farming, tillage, dairy sectors and food production.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED:
- What are the drivers and barriers for Agriculture 4.0?
- How are automated guided vehicles (AGV’s) and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) being used in farming?
- How to design a battery powered device?
- What are IP protection ratings and how are they of concern to agriculture?
- How are maxon’s projects managed, from conception to production?
Wednesday February 24, 2021, starting at 10:00 AM GMT
Sales Engineer - Ireland - Maxon
Martin Leahy is maxon’s Sales Engineer for Ireland.
After qualifying as a Mechanical Engineer at the Institute of Technology Carlow, Martin worked as a Design Engineer for 2 years at Pearson International, providing detailed drawings for the manufacture of bespoke dairy systems and products. He went on to complete an MSc in Mechanical Engineering, studying the economics of producing renewable energy fuels.
Martin provided technical support in the power transmission industry before joining maxon in 2019. He forms part of a team of drive experts, giving commercial and technical support on maxon products, including motors, gearheads and controllers.