We are all used to hearing about implantable medical devices such as pace-makers etc, but what about medical implants containing small motors driving pumps or dosing drugs within the human body. It sounds like science fiction, but the truth is more and more companies are exploring the possibilities of what the humble DC motor can do within the body.
The webinar will cover the history of implantable motors and what the future might hold. Also from an engineering viewpoint what’s involved in making a motor that’s going to spend its life within the body. Put simply how is it done and why.
Join us to learn:
- The history of motorised implants
- Why implant a motorised implant?
- What are the technical challenges?
- How the challenges are met
- What the future might look like