Available now from Zygology, the E6 Constant Torque Position Control Hinge has arrived from Southco. This new version enables secure position control with minimal user effort providing constant resistance throughout the entire range of motion. This allows users to easily position doors, display screens & other mounted components, holding them securely at any desired angle.
High Torque Removes Need For Secondary Support Components
The E6 One-Way Constant Torque Hinge provides reliable positioning with consistent operating efforts, eliminating the need for secondary support components such as gas struts & door stays to hold doors or panels in position. This removes the time & cost of any repair or maintenance of any secondary support components.
It has been developed to eliminate the resistance in the hinge in one direction, allowing a heavy door or panel or be easily lifted, & offers increased safety with its reliable hold-open functionality that prevents closure on the user.
Suited To Multiple Industries
Sealed for indoor & outdoor use, it’s constructed from corrosion-resistant materials offering increased longevity & requires minimal maintenance & zero adjustment over the lifetime of most applications. This makes it an ideal solution for Zygology customers that utilise construction, farming & agricultural vehicle access panels, automotive centre consoles & industrial printers.
E6 One-Way Constant Torque Hinge Features:
- Enables easy lifting of heavy doors & panels by removing friction & resistance from the hinge in one direction.
- High torque holds panel in position for safe operation & prevents door or panel from closing on user.
- Robust, sealed construction suitable for indoor use.
- Constructed from corrosion-resistant materials suitable for outdoor use.
- Reliable improvement over gas struts & friction hinges.
- Integrated positioning technology allows for controlled operating efforts.
- Withstands touch forces, vibration & heavy loading.
- Validated for 20k cycles of operation without maintenance or adjustment increasing longevity.
- Modern, streamlined appearance complements industrial design.
E6 One-Way Constant Torque Hinge Industry Applications:
- Off-Highway – Construction & Farming / Agricultural Vehicles
- Food Equipment
- Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning (HVAC) Equipment
- Industrial Machinery
- Medical Equipment
- Telecoms/Networking – Switches, Routing
- Signs, Exhibits & Displays
- Self Service-Point of Sale
Reduced Effort Required & Increased Reliability For Zygology Customers
“The E6 One-Way Constant Torque Hinge offers an economic and reliable alternative to door stays and gas struts typically used in heavy panel operation,” said Southco Commercial Product Manager Todd Schwanger. “The hinge provides reliable performance, and offers ergonomic and safety benefits by reducing the effort required to open heavy panels & allowing them to be held securely in position.”
Zygology Sales Director Richard Avery added, “The reliability & safety of constant torque hinges is vital. Their multiple-industry use, especially in automotive, aerospace, marine & medical industries, just shows there is no margin for error.
Our customers have already seen the quality, reliability, durability & precision in the latest E6 hinge & the removed requirement for secondary support components reduces costs & increases efficiency.”
Get In Touch With The Assembly Experts
If you’d like a sample or to discuss how to utilise E6 Constant Torque Position Control Hinges in your assembly project, get in touch with our friendly team of experts today on 0808 123 1221 or email email@example.com.
You can also see more information on the latest E6 Constant Torque Hinge available now at Zygology here.
About Zygology Ltd
With 40 years’ of experience Zygology is the country's main distributor for Penn Engineering and the largest distributor for Southco and POP Avdel in the UK. We are also the UK distribution hub for MasterFix fasteners and tooling. Zygology has also recently been appointed as an official distributor for Tesa assembly adhesive tapes. We have in-house repair facilities for POP Avdel and MasterFix tools. Zygology Ltd has an in depth knowledge of the products we sell and how they can be best incorporated into yours. We will always give the best advice we can - even if this sometimes means that we end up recommending a competing technology. We combine friendly service with competitive prices and excellent stock availability.